- Countywide Reassessment Explanation
- Countywide Reassessment
- Certified Public Accountant
- Coronavirus Loan Application
- Effects of ObamaCare
- Real Estate Tax Appeals
- Prepare for Countywide Reassessment
- Cases & Accomplishments
- Attorney Referral Service
- Properties for Sale and Rent
- Fee Agreements
- BILLBOARD Landmark Case
- Forms & Newsletters
- Tax Assessments
- In The News
- Title Insurance - Pa Realty Abstract
- Reverse Mortgage
- Pay Invoice
Timely News Items
July 13, 2020
Tax Assessment Appeal Fee Agreement
Residential-Weiss pays appraiser 80%
Commercial-Owner pays appraiser 50%
Residential under $250,000-$500.00
WE AGREE AS FOLLOWS
Property Owner/Client – hereinafter “Owner”
Donald J. Weiss, Esquire, PC and Donald J. Weiss, Esq. – hereinafter collectively “Weiss”
1. In consideration of the services rendered by Weiss, Owner agrees to pay a fee calculated as follows: Weiss shall be paid a fee of 80% for residential and 50% for commercial of one year’s tax saving resulting from the total reduction in assessment for the initial years that I am able to achieve as a result of the Interim and Annual Appeal for any years resulting from the initial appeal. If your home was recently settled within 6 months of the hearing or if the property is currently listed for sale, the fee will be 50%. (Weiss will supply the appraisal and pay appraiser’s costs for residential and Owner will pay appraiser for commercial). BUT the fee is only calculated on 1 year’s savings for the total reduction in assessment from beginning to end. The fee is payable within 45 days of the official notice of reduction. If more than 10 homes in the development sign up then the fee will be 65% and more than 20 homes then 50%. If your property is worth less than $150,000, then my fee is a minimum of $500.00. Owner agrees to reimburse Weiss for all county filing fees to pursue Owner’s appeal to the Board or Court.
2. In the event Weiss decides WITH YOUR APPROVAL to file an appeal beyond the Board of Assessment Appeals’ level and go to the Court of Common Pleas, Owner agrees to pay to Weiss all county filing fees & costs necessary to pursue Owner’s appeal to the Board or Court. The fee is: Chester County = $183.75; Delaware County = $296.75; Montgomery County = $294.25: Bucks County = $245.00 (or $255.00 for electronic filing). Owner agrees to pay any additional filing fees charged by the County.
3. Owner hereby engages Weiss’s services and authorizes, empowers and appoints Weiss or its designated agent to execute on Owner’s behalf as Owner’s lawful attorney-in-fact, any and all documents necessary to institute and continue the process for appealing Owner’s property tax for this and subsequent years. Weiss is hereby authorized to institute a class action if, in its opinion, it is in the Owner’s best interest whereby Owner is a member or head of the class. Weiss shall be authorized to represent Owner in all aspects of the tax assessment appeal process and negotiate settlement of appeal on Owner’s behalf, including withdrawal of the appeal if Weiss decides it is in Owner’s best interest. Further, Weiss shall act as Owner’s legal representative to handle the property tax appeal for the Owner’s property(ies) listed below. Owner authorizes Weiss to negotiate, collect and endorse any applicable refunds provided that any sum received shall be deposited solely in Weiss’ Escrow Trust Account for disbursement to Weiss for its fees earned, with the balance to be disbursed to Owner. A copy of the authorization shall be sufficient authority to any taxing district. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, all parties hereto agree to be mutually bound hereby and have executed this Agreement as indicated below.
Owner agrees that if Owner fails to pay Weiss’ fee, Weiss can enter judgment by confession against Owner for the full fee plus attorney collection fees, costs and interest at 18% per year.
By emailing this application form and fee agreement, I hereby agree that this email shall act as my signature to the fee agreement and I authorize Donald J. Weiss, to execute the application of my behalf and give him authority to execute the fee agreement and power of attorney as if I had signed that document.